Saturday, 5 December 2015

Welcoming Love, Life, Lift

I'm so excited to bring you my first blog on Love, Life, Lift.
 
I have to first of all give a mention to my friend Siobhan, a fellow blogger who recently set up Feeling Pretty Vintage (check out her page Feeling Pretty Vintage for all things beauty, fashion and...vintage). After considering blogging for a while chatting to Siobhan gave me the push I needed to go for it.
 
Health, fitness and everything in between is a huge passion of mine after joining the gym back in 2013. It's not an understatement to say it transformed my life. Not only from a physical side developing and strengthening my body and with that comes an improved confidence. But also as much from a mental side.
 
I got into my 'gym-life' during a difficult time and going to the gym gave me something to focus on. It was then that I realised just how much of a positive part of your life it can be for your mental state. There's the scientifically proven element of exercising that supports this; exercise boosts you through the production of endorphins which when they connect with certain receptor cells, block transmissions of pain and also produce a euphoric feeling. But aside from this, exercise gives you something to mentally focus on and couple that with eating healthy and nutritious foods and your body is getting what it needs to be in a happy and healthy state.
 
 
 
During the first year of me training I have to admit I was very much 'all the gear, no idea' and spent a lot of time on cardio machines and not so much time lifting weights. My diet improved but looking back now, still was not great so whilst I did get some results in my first year they were not fantastic but none the less it was a good starting point.
 
2014 did transform my whole approach to training however when I sought the help of a personal trainer at my gym. All of a sudden I went from spending lots of time on the treadmill, cross trainer and bicycles (which let's be honest aren't the most riveting things in the world!) to making my way into the weights area which was full of testosterone pumped, grunting guys who I soon came to learn far too often skipped legs day.
 
Whilst a bit of daunting experience at first I soon came to love lifting weights and I spent very little time doing typical cardio (result!). Not only was my training now more varied and fun I started to see much quicker results. I was also educated on my diet and the right and wrong things to eat and within 6-8 weeks some little muscles started popping out in my mid-section...I'd finally found abs wahooo!!
 
On continued my journey throughout the year and I can honestly say it was the best I'd ever felt physically and mentally. 2015 brought new adventures, challenges and goals and unfortunately meant my new lifestyle I'd built and grown to love had to take a back seat. All for good reason however and I'll write a bit more about this in my next blog but my travels took over and that was ok.
 
However, now I'm back home and in a routine again my journey continues. And I'm more motivated and determined than ever to get my body back into a good shape, to get back healthy, to use my training and lifestyle to continually create a happy mind and be better as a person overall than I've ever been before.
 
I hope you'll all follow me on this journey and I'll share with you the highs and the lows, the good, the bad and the ugly and let's see what 2016 brings.
 

1 comment: